70th Anniversary CelebrationDecember 5, 2016
Merry ChristmasDecember 22, 2016
Who’s That Team?
Since our post last week inviting you to our 70th Anniversary celebration in April next year we’ve been inundated with questions (okay, a couple of people asked) about the team in the photo. What year is it? Who’s in it? Why does everyone look so serious? Why is it not in colour?
What year was it? Well, before we give it all away here’s a couple of clues to help you…
The top selling song for that year was Something by the Beatles. In fact, the Beatles had 6 of the top 10 selling songs for that year.
Oliver! became the first, and so far the only, G-Rated film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture. The awards that year were notable for not having a host and the only time there had been a tie for Best Actress.
It was a big year. Other newsworthy events that year;
- The Beatles made their last public appearance on the roof of Apple Records
- Concorde made it’s first test flight
- The Boeing 747 made it’s debut
- Woodstock Music Festival attracts more than 350,000 rock-n-roll fans
- The Charles Manson cult murders
And the most famous of them all….
- Apollo 11 – Neil Armstrong and Edwin ‘Buzz’ Aldrin became the first humans to set foot on the Moon
That’s right, the year is 1969. CBOB’s is a mere 22 years old and brimful of strapping young men and sensibly dressed coaches.
Under 20’s A Grade 1969
Be sure to join us at our 70th Anniversary Celebration to relive all these great memories.
Venue – The Concourse Victoria Ave Chatswood – Civic Pavilion
Cost – $100 per person